Jane Mayer is a healer and artist who has studied with indigenous healers in the mountains of Peru, the Amazon, and the forests of Ireland, alongside various lineages of devoted teachers in the Western world.
For many years, Spirit called to her from a well of deep emotional and physical pain that begged her to find a way to reconnect to her True Self. Her own pathway to healing informs all the work she offers. She works with sound, plant, energy medicine and body-consciousness expansion, alongside her own gifts of sight, sound, feeling and knowing to guide her. She serves clients across many backgrounds, helping them transmute pain and darkness into embodied soul, and to remember who they really are.
She offers healing sessions, ceremony, poetry and music in the States, as well as retreats here and abroad. To learn more visit www.janeislistening.com
In this episode we explore:
- Plant medicine + recovery
- The power of sound and Christ’s connection to speaking in tongues
- Following your path requires great risk
- Recalibrating the nervous system
- The stories we tell are the stories that are true
Thank you so much for listening and supporting us by:
- Becoming a patron at www.patreon.com/fayewylder for as little as $3.33 per month. Patrons receive tons of wonderful, relevant, exclusive content.
- Subscribe at iTunes, Spotify, or YouTube
- Give us a five star review *****
- Share a comment of how this work is supporting your life
Find me at:
www.fayewylder.com or on Instagram @fayewylder
Find the plants at oily.life/fayewylder/
Music by my brother, Travis Kirby, you can find him at www.traviskirby.xyz or find him on Spotify, SoundCloud, etc.
If you’d like to learn more about the power of plants and especially the magic of CBD oil, visit me here and sign up for my email class on the plants.
Special offering for our THREE patrons ($3.33/month) from Jane – 50% discount on my bandcamp page for the LIGHT album and a complimentary healing session (60 minutes) for any patron who joins the upcoming Demystifying Healing, a LIVE 8-week online journey to the nexus of the spiritual + somatic, beginning March 9, 2020.
Links, References & Quotes
“It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society” – Krishnamurti
“The life of a hedonist is the best preparation for becoming a mystic” – Hermann Hesse
- Warme (warmeh) – veil/membrane
- Oocha – inversion
- Icaro (song Jane sang at end) – https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Icaro
- Russell Brand Podcast with Gabor Mate
- Serpent of Light – we think this is the book that Jane references when she shares about the Ley Lines of the Earth
The Journey by Mary Oliver
One day you finally knew
what you had to do, and began,
though the voices around you
their bad advice—
though the whole house
began to tremble
and you felt the old tug
at your ankles.
“Mend my life!”
each voice cried.
But you didn’t stop.
You knew what you had to do,
though the wind pried
with its stiff fingers
at the very foundations,
though their melancholy
It was already late
enough, and a wild night,
and the road full of fallen
branches and stones.
But little by little,
as you left their voices behind,
the stars began to burn
through the sheets of clouds,
and there was a new voice
which you slowly
recognized as your own,
that kept you company
as you strode deeper and deeper
into the world,
determined to do
the only thing you could do—
determined to save
the only life you could save.